Some of us are anxious people. In recent years, even those not predisposed to anxiety are experiencing it, or are supporting others who are. We can’t fix the world or rid ourselves of anxiety, but we can consider how following Jesus provides a way through.
Plan to join Bent Tree with your spouse September 30-October 3 for our Couples Conference.
This is not a marriage conference, I repeat, this is not a marriage conference. Instead, it is an opportunity for ministry couples to be challenged and refreshed in the gospel with other ministry couples going through the same things.
The setting is the YMCA at Estes Park Colorado, the leaves will be spectacular, the Elk will be bugling, we have our chef, Michael Spencer serving us again with gourmet meals, and the lodges we have reserved are all to ourselves.
Our speaker this year is Rev. Scott Strickman, pastor of Emmanuel Presbyterian Church in New York City. Scott was born and raised in Brooklyn. He began reading the Bible in the year after he graduated from college because he realized that the Bible was foundational to so much of what he read in college. He found the person of Jesus compelling enough that his reading spurred a personal and religious journey that led to his coming to believe that Jesus was worth following. He was working at Juilliard in the years after college and during that time started to discern a call to the pastoral ministry. In 1999 he moved out of Manhattan to attend Westminster Seminary, and returned in 2002 to come on staff at Emmanuel. He lives in the neighborhood of the church with his family.
Location: YMCA of The Rockies – Estes Park, Colorado
2515 Tunnel Road
Estes Park, Colorado, 80511
Travel from Denver airport to Estes Park YMCA.
Cost: $1,200 per couple.
*The registration fee covers: Room for 3 nights, 8 meals, conference content, and t-shirts.
Start time for this event will be 6:00 pm Monday night and will finish at breakfast Thursday morning.
– Dinner: Standing Rib Roast with Horseradish Cream Sauce, Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, and Garlic Mashed Potatoes. Beverage pairing: Cabernet Sauvignon.
– Breakfast: Avocado Toast with Poached Eggs and Truffle Oil. Beverage pairing: Cappuccino.
– Lunch: Truffle Burrata Salad with Mixed Greens, Cherry Tomatoes, and Balsamic Glaze. Beverage pairing: Rosé.
– Dinner: Pan-Seared Sea Bass with Lemon Beurre Blanc, Saffron Risotto, and Grilled Asparagus. Beverage pairing: Chardonnay.
– Breakfast: Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict with Hollandaise Sauce. Beverage pairing: Mimosa.
– Lunch: Lobster Bisque with Truffle Oil and Garlic Bread. Beverage pairing: Chardonnay. Grilled Shrimp and Watermelon Salad with Arugula and Feta Cheese. Beverage pairing: Sauvignon Blanc.
– Dinner: Filet Mignon with Red Wine Reduction, Truffle Mac and Cheese, and Roasted Root Vegetables. Beverage pairing: Merlot.
– Breakfast: Croissant Breakfast Sandwich with Prosciutto, Brie, and Fig Jam